You know your on track with life when your breakfast is purple – the colour of all things awesome like unicorns and blueberries! That is why I love this simple, filling and effective Blueberry Brekky Bowl (amongst other things like it being super tasty).
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop protein powder (I use either Vanilla Bare Blends if I want a sweeter version or just a natural flavour is fine too)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup almond milk
cinnamon, to taste
nutmeg, to taste
1 cup water
- Rinse quinoa under running cold water.
- Place in a pot with water and bring to boil
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until soft (approx 10mins)
- Add milk and add blueberries, cinnamon , nutmeg and chia seeds
- Add protein powder to 1/4 cup almond milk and stir until dissolved
- Serve quinoa and pour over protein + almond milk mix.
- Sprinkle nuts on top and enjoy!
- I cooked my quinoa in the rice cooker the other day and it turned out perfectly! this is also a quick and easy option.
A lot of the time I leave my Blueberry Brekky overnight and eat it in the morning and it is just as great.
Ain’t nobody got time to cook at 5am!
Your Loving Coach and Trainer xx