** Check out Live Laugh Lunge YouTube channel for a Demo! **
1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
4 cups water (up to 7 cups depending on how ‘creamy’ you want it)
4 medjool dates , pitted (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
Nut Bag (to strain through)
– don’t have a nut bag? – you can also use cheesecloth and a strainer.
1) Cover almonds with water and soak for 4 hours or overnight (leaving room for expansion).
2) Strain the water from the almonds and place in blender.
3) Place rest of ingredients in blender with almonds and blend very well (I do mine for about two minutes).
4) Place your nut bag or fine sieve + cheese cloth over a big bowl and pour blended ingredients into nut bag, let almond milk drain through.
5) Squeeze or ‘milk’ the bag until all liquid is in the bowl and all is left in the nut bag the remainder of the almond.
6) Congratulations you’ve made your own almond milk! Place in a pretty milk jug or glass jar in the fridge and enjoy at your leisure.
** Your milk will last for up to 4-5 days refrigerated.